National nonprofit, Warrior Gateway is looking for a marketing intern with a passion for technology as a tool for social good. The individual(s) will help manage social media accounts, develop press releases and email marketing campaigns to generate awareness about the organization and its mission to connect veterans and military families to resources and services in their local community.
As a virtual organization, Warrior Gateway seeks to find a driven individual in the Seattle or San Francisco area to report directly to the Communications Manager and work closely with the CEO.
Interns will performing the following tasks:
- Create posts for social media channels with various audiences and voices
- Engage with users across social channels, answering questions, replying to messages, comments and tweets
- Assist in reporting and analysis of social media data -Build relationships with users and peer organizations through targeted dialogue on social media
- Consistently learning, growing and asking questions
- Interns will be expected to devote 5 to 10 hours each week including a weekly in person or Google hangout meeting with the Communications Manager.
- Knowledge of social media – facebook, twitter, linkedin, youtube
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong editing skills
- Knack for creating engaging posts and sharable images -Interest in learning how to develop well designed marketing/social media plan
- Knowledge of digital media software desired (Photoshop or other graphic design program)
- Excellent proofreader
- Ability to thrive in an independent work environment
- Ability to contribute individually and participate in cross-functional teams
- Interest and passion in technology as a tool for social good
Compensation: $12-$15/hr based on experience
Send us an email here telling us why you think you would be a great intern for Warrior Gateway. Make sure to include your resume!